The CMH Logo
The logo is a modern design with classical elements that relate to the historical, educational, and military roots of the organization.
- Stars—represent the three facets of CMH: publications, museums, and historical services
- Torch—represents the power of knowledge and educational enlightenment
- Sword—represents military roots and is a nod to historical artifacts and museum mission of the Center.
- Book—represents history and education and is a nod to the researchers, authors, librarians, and editors who create the CMH publications.
- Laurels—represent excellence.
- Quill—represents “The pen is mightier than the sword.” (Edward Buler-Lytton)