Navigation Menu loading...

Lineages and Honors Information
Medical

Lineage and Honors Information as of 5 Jan 2021

182d Medical Company

    • Constituted 14 May 1885 in the Massachusetts Volunteer Militia as the Ambulance Corps
    • Ambulance Corps, 2d Brigade, organized 10 June 1885 at Boston; Ambulance Corps, 1st Brigade, organized 28 April 1887 at Boston
    • Ambulance Corps, 1st and 2d Brigades, consolidated 11 April 1894 to form the Ambulance Corps
    • Redesignated 12 October 1907 as the Ambulance Company, Hospital Corps
    • (Massachusetts Volunteer Militia redesignated 15 November 1907 as the Massachusetts National Guard)
    • Reorganized and expanded 22 April 1909 to consist of the Ambulance Company and Hospital Company, Hospital Corps
    • Reorganized 10 January 1911 to consist of Ambulance Company and Field Hospital
    • Mustered into Federal service 18 June 1916 at Boston and expanded to form Ambulance Companies Nos. 1 and 2 and Field Hospitals Nos. 1 and 2; mustered out of Federal service 17 October 1917-21 February 1917 at Boston
    • Called into Federal service 25 July 1917 at Boston; drafted into Federal service 5 August 1917
    • Reorganized and redesignated 22 August 1917 as elements of Sanitary Train No. 101 and assigned to the 26th Division
    • Redesignated 12 December 1917 as the 101st Sanitary Train
    • Demobilized 29 April 1917 at Camp Devens, Massachusetts
    • Reorganized 21 March 1923 in the Massachusetts National Guard as the 101st Medical Regiment and assigned to the 26th Division; Federally recognized 4 June 1924 with Headquarters in Boston
    • Inducted into Federal service 16 January 1941 at home stations
    • Regiment (less Companies C and F and Division Surgeon’s Office) relieved 12 February 1942 from assignment to the 26th Division; Companies C and F and Division Surgeon’s Office concurrently reorganized and redesignated as the 114th Medical Battalion, an element of the 26th Infantry Division
    • After 12 February 1942 the above units underwent changes as follows:
    • 101st Medical Regiment assigned 24 March 1942 to the Americal Division
    • Reorganized and redesignated 1 May 1943 as the 121st Medical Battalion
    • Inactivated 29 November-2 December 1945 at Fort Lewis, Washington
    • Relieved 8 July 1946 from assignment to the Americal Division
    • 114th Medical Battalion inactivated 31 December 1945 at Camp Patrick Henry, Virginia
    • 114th and 121st Medical Battalions consolidated 8 July 1946 and consolidated unit designated as the 114th Medical Battalion, an element of the 26th Infantry Division
    • Reorganized and Federally recognized 29 October 1947 with Headquarters at Boston
    • Location of Headquarters changed 15 February 1955 to Brookline; on 26 December 1962 to Boston; on 1 April 1987 to Waltham
    • Consolidated 1 March 1988 with the 26th Supply and Transport Battalion (organized and Federally recognized 4 March 1963 with Headquarters at Framingham); consolidated unit redesignated as the 114th Support Battalion, with Headquarters at Clinton, and remained assigned to the 26th Infantry Division
    • Location of Headquarters changed 15 October 1990 to Webster
    • Consolidated 1 September 1992 with the 726th Support Battalion (see ANNEX), and consolidated unit designated as the 114th Support Battalion with Headquarters at Natick
    • Relieved 1 September 1993 from assignment to the 26th Infantry Division and assigned to the 43d Infantry Brigade
    • Converted and redesignated 1 September 1996 as Company A, 118th Medical Battalion, and location changed to Wayland
    • Location changed 1 November 1996 to Concord
    • Ordered into active Federal service 7 December 2003 at Concord; released from Federal service and reverted to state control 22 March 2005
    • Reorganized and redesignated 1 September 2006 as Company C, 126th Support Battalion
    • Converted and redesignated 1 September 2008 as the 182d Medical Company
    • Location changed 1 October 2012 to Lexington; on 1 July 2015 to Worcester
    • Ordered into active Federal service 4 September 2014; released from active Federal service 3 August 2015 and reverted to state control
    • ANNEX
    • Organized in August 1917 in the Massachusetts National Guard, while in Federal service, at Camp Bartlett, Massachusetts, as Company No. 2. 101st Supply Train, an element of the 26th Division
    • Reorganized and redesignated in March 1918 as Company B, 101st Supply Train
    • Demobilized 29 April 1919 at Camp Devens, Massachusetts
    • Reorganized 15 March 1920 in the Massachusetts National Guard at Everett as Company B, 101st Supply Train, an element of the 26th Division
    • Redesignated 1 September 1920 as Company B, 1st Supply Train
    • Federally recognized 17 November 1920 at Everett
    • Redesignated 30 April 1921 as the 3d Company, 1st Supply Train
    • Reorganized and redesignated 30 September 1921 as Motor Repair Section No. 101
    • Disbanded 1 May 1934 at Everett
    • Reorganized and Federally recognized 7 May 1934 at Natick as the 101st Motor Repair Section, an element of the 26th Division
    • Reorganized and redesignated 30 June 1936 as Company E, 101st Quartermaster Regiment, an element of the 26th Division
    • Inducted into Federal service 16 January 1941 at Natick
    • 1st Platoon, Company E, 101st Quartermaster Regiment, reorganized and redesignated 12 February 1942 as the Maintenance platoon, Headquarters Company, 114th Quartermaster Battalion, an element of the 26th Infantry Division (remainder of Company E – hereafter separate lineage)
    • Converted and redesignated 1 August 1942 as the 726th Ordnance Light Maintenance Company, an element of the 26th Infantry Division
    • Inactivated 3 January 1946 at Camp Patrick Henry, Virginia
    • Redesignated 8 July 1946 as the 726th Ordnance Maintenance Company
    • Reorganized and Federally recognized 17 March 1947 at Framingham
    • Expanded, reorganized, and redesignated 17 November 1952 as the 726th Ordnance Battalion with Headquarters at Framingham
    • Location of Headquarters changed 1 March 1955 to Natick
    • Reorganized and redesignated 1 March 1963 as the 726th Maintenance Battalion
    • Reorganized and redesignated 1 March 1988 as the 726th Support Battalion

    HOME STATION: Worcester

Campaign Participation Credit

  • World War I
  • Champagne-Marne
  • Aisne-Marne
  • St. Mihiel
  • Meuse-Argonne
  • Ile de France 1918
  • Lorraine 1918
  • World War II
  • Northern France
  • Rhineland
  • Ardennes-Alsace
  • Central Europe
  • Guadalcanal
  • Northern Solomons
  • Leyte
  • Southern Philippines (with arrowhead)
  • War on Terrorism
  • Iraq:
  • Transition of Iraq
  • Iraqi Governance
  • (additional campaigns to be determined)

Decorations

  • Presidential Unit Citation (Navy), Streamer embroidered GUADALCANAL
  • Meritorious Unit Commendation, Streamer embroidered EUROPEAN THEATER 1944-1945
  • Meritorious Unit Commendation, Streamer embroidered EUROPEAN THEATER 1945
  • Meritorious Unit Commendation, Streamer embroidered IRAQ 2004
  • Cited in the Order of the Day of the Belgian Army for action in the Ardennes
  • Philippine Presidential Unit Citation, Streamer embroidered 17 OCTOBER TO 4 JULY 1945

By Order of the Secretary of the Army:

CHARLES R. BOWERY, JR.
Chief of Military History


Return to Branch Index