Current COVID-19 updates
The Center of Military History (CMH) is focused on protecting the health and well-being of all our Soldiers, families and employees who serve the Army as historians, archivists and museum professionals, worldwide. This page is intended to provide current information and recommendations including CDC guidance on illness mitigation protocols. CMH will continue to share updated information from key communicators and plans of action as the situation progresses.
Though the threat of coming in contact with the coronavirus is low within the U.S., but with the rising number of states reporting confirmed cases, this risk will differ. All personnel should adhere to CDC guidelines on the preventing the spread of respiratory viruses like the flu and coronavirus. Prevention guidelines include:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick/stay at home if you are sick. Coordinate with your commander/supervisor for sick leave.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze and throw tissue in trash when done.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds each time, especially after going to the bathroom, before and after eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched items or surfaces using household spray or wipes.
- For up to date information about the virus and government advisories visit these sites
- CDC website
- Army Public Health Center website
- World Health Organization website
- Department of Defense
- Travel Advisories
- US Army Corps of Engineers — Coronavirus Information