CMH Home
Lineage And Honors Information

324th Signal Battalion

Lineage and Honors Information as of 2 October 2008

324th Signal Battalion Lineage

Constituted 27 December 1943 in the Army of the United States as the 3111th Signal Service Battalion

Activated 20 January 1944 at Fort Monmouth, New Jersey

Inactivated 28 December 1945 at Camp Shanks, New York

Redesignated 6 June 1950 as Headquarters, 324th Signal Battalion, and allotted to the Organized Reserve Corps

Activated 1 September 1950 at Newark, New Jersey

(Organized Reserve Corps redesignated 9 July 1952 as the Army Reserve)

Reorganized and redesignated 9 February 1953 as Headquarters, 324th Signal Battalion

Reorganized and redesignated 31 March 1955 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 324th Signal Battalion

Location changed 9 November 1955 to Kearny, New Jersey; on 28 October 1957 to Jersey City, New Jersey

Inactivated 1 June 1959 at Jersey City, New Jersey

Redesignated 16 October 1984 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 324th Signal Battalion, and activated at Fort Gordon, Georgia

(328th [see ANNEX 1] and 543d [see ANNEX 2] Signal Companies reorganized and redesignated 16 September 1987 as Companies A and B, 324th Signal Battalion, respectively; Company C, 324th Signal Battalion, constituted 29 July 1987 in the Army Reserve and activated 16 April 1988 at Athens, Georgia)

Ordered into active military service 20 June 2006 at Fort Gordon, Georgia; released from active military service 16 December 2007 and reverted to reserve status


Constituted 1 March 1944 in the Army of the United States as the 3128th Signal Port Service Company

Activated 15 March 1944 at Camp Crowder, Missouri

Reorganized and redesignated 3 July 1944 as the 3128th Signal Service Company

Inactivated 20 December 1945 in Germany

Redesignated 1 February 1956 as the 328th Signal Company and allotted to the Army Reserve

Activated 13 February 1956 at Greenwood, South Carolina

Inactivated 31 December 1957 at Greenwood, South Carolina

Activated 15 March 1972 at Clemson, South Carolina


Constituted 24 May 1944 in the Army of the United States as the 543d Signal Base Depot Company

Activated 15 June 1944 at Fort Monmouth, New Jersey

Inactivated 20 June 1948 in Germany

Redesignated 27 May 1959 as the 543d Signal Company and allotted to the Army Reserve

Activated 15 June 1959 at Huntsville, Alabama

324th Signal Battalion Honors

Campaign Participation Credit

World War II: Normandy, Northern France, Rhineland, Central Europe

War on Terrorism: Campaigns to be determined


Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army), Streamer embroidered SOUTHWEST ASIA 2006-2007

Return to Branch Index