CMH Home
CMH 		
      Home
Lineage And Honors Information

378th Regiment

Lineage and Honors Information as of 30 September 2005

378th Regiment Lineage

Constituted 4 September 1918 in the National Army as the 378th Infantry and assigned to the 95th Division

Demobilized 30 November 1918

Reconstituted 24 June 1921 in the Organized Reserves as the 378th Infantry and assigned to the 95th Division (later redesignated as the 95th Infantry Division)

Organized in January 1922 with Headquarters at McAlester, Oklahoma

Ordered into active military service 15 July 1942 and reorganized at Camp Swift, Texas

Inactivated 12 October 1945 at Camp Shelby, Mississippi

Activated 14 March 1947 in the Organized Reserves with Headquarters at Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

(Organized Reserves redesignated 25 March 1948 as the Organized Reserve Corps; redesignated 9 July 1952 as the Army Reserve)

Reorganized and redesignated 1 April 1959 as the 378th Regiment, an element of the 95th Division (Training), with Headquarters at Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

(Location of Headquarters changed 3 September 1962 to Lawton, Oklahoma)

Reorganized 30 December 1967 to consist of the 1st, 2d, and 3d Battalions, elements of the 95th Division (Training)

Reorganized 1 October 1994 to consist of the 1st, 2d, and 3d Battalions, elements of the 95th Division (Institutional Training)

Reorganized 13 January 1995 to consist of the 3d Battalion, an element of the 95th Division (Institutional Training)

Reorganized 16 October 1996 to consist of the 1st, 2d, and 3d Battalions, elements of the 95th Division (Institutional Training)

378th Regiment Honors

Campaign Participation Credit

World War II: Northern France; Rhineland; Ardennes-Alsace; Central Europe

Decorations

2d Battalion entitled to:

Presidential Unit Citation (Army), for MOSELLE RIVER

French Croix de Guerre with Palm, World War II, for METZ

 


Return to Branch Index