CMH Home
CMH 		
      Home
Lineage And Honors Information

Lineage and Honors Information as of 13 Feb 2007

Department of the Army Emblem

Department of the Army - Lineage and Honors

135th MILITARY POLICE COMPANY

 

Organized and Federally recognized 14 September 1955 in the Ohio Army National Guard at Chardon as Battery C, 179th Antiaircraft Artillery Battalion

Reorganized and redesignated 1 December 1958 as Battery C, 179th Missile Battalion

Location changed in 1959 to Willowick

Reorganized and redesignated 1 September 1959 as Battery C, 1st Missile Battalion, 137th Artillery

Location changed 31 August 1962 to Fairview Park

Reorganized and redesignated 15 February 1968 as Battery C, 1st Battalion, 137th Artillery

Converted and redesignated 1 July 1971 as the 135th Military Police Company

Ordered into active Federal service 26 July 1980 at Fairview Park; released from active Federal service 9 August 1980 and reverted to state control

Location changed 1 January 1983 to Brook Park

Ordered into active Federal service 9 October 2001 at Brook Park; released from active Federal service 28 July 2002 and reverted to state control

Location changed 1 August 2002 to Chagrin Falls

Ordered into active Federal service 24 February 2003 at Chagrin Falls; released from active Federal service 23 February 2004 and reverted to state control

HOME STATION: Chagrin Falls

 

CAMPAIGN PARTICIPATION CREDIT

                                                        War On Terrorism
                                                        Campaigns to be determined

 

DECORATIONS

Valorous Unit Award, Streamer embroidered IRAQ 2003

Army Superior Unit Award, Streamer embroidered 2001-2002

 

       

BY ORDER OF THE SECRETARY OF THE ARMY:

 

 

JEFFREY J. CLARKE
Chief of Military History


Return to Branch Index