CMH Home
CMH 		
      Home
Lineage And Honors Information

Lineage and Honors Information as of 17 February 2012

Department of the Army Emblem

Department of the Army - Lineage and Honors

5694th ENGINEER DETACHMENT

Organized 17 July 1884 in the Ohio National Guard at Plimpton as Company H, 17th Infantry Regiment (Plimpton Guard)

Redesignated 11 July 1892 as Company H, 8th Infantry Regiment

Redesignated in 1893 as Company H, 8th Infantry Regiment (Shreve Guard); concurrently, location changed to Shreve

Mustered into Federal service 13 May 1898 at Camp Bushnell, Ohio as Company H, 8th Regiment, Ohio Volunteer Infantry; mustered out of Federal service 21 November 1898 at Wooster and reorganized in the Ohio National Guard as Company H, 8th Infantry Regiment

Redesignated 14 April 1899 as Company H, Unattached Infantry

Redesignated 21 July 1899 as Company H, 8th Infantry Regiment

Mustered into Federal service 19 June 1916 at Camp Willis, Ohio; mustered out of Federal service 22 March 1917 at Fort Benjamin Harrison, Indiana

Called into Federal service 15 July 1917; drafted into Federal service 5 August 1917

Reorganized and redesignated 15 September 1917 as Company H, 146th Infantry, an element of the 37th Division

Demobilized 13 April 1919 at Camp Sherman, Ohio

Reorganized and Federally recognized 29 June 1919 in the Ohio National Guard at Shreve as Company H, 2d Infantry

Redesignated 2 August 1920 as Company H, 3d Infantry

Redesignated 1 May 1921 as Company F, 3d Infantry

Reorganized and redesignated 1 July 1921 as Company F, 145th Infantry, an element of the 37th Division

Reorganized and redesignated 1 March 1929 as Headquarters Company, 2d Battalion, 145th Infantry

 Reorganized and redesignated 1 May 1940 as Headquarters Detachment, 2d Battalion, 145th Infantry

Inducted into Federal service 15 October 1940 at Shreve

(37th Division redesignated 1 February 1942 as the 37th Infantry Division)

Reorganized and redesignated 1 December 1942 as Headquarters Company, 2d Battalion, 145th Infantry

Inactivated 13 December 1945 at Camp Stoneman, California

Reorganized and Federally recognized 17 February 1947 in the Ohio National Guard at Shreve as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 2d Battalion, 145th Infantry, an element of the 37th Infantry Division

Ordered into active Federal service 15 January 1952 at Shreve

(Headquarters Company, 2d Battalion, 145th Infantry [NGUS] organized and Federally recognized 15 February 1954 at Wooster)

Released from active Federal service 15 June 1954 and reverted to state control; Federal recognition concurrently withdrawn from Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 2d Battalion, 145th Infantry (NGUS)

Reorganized and redesignated 1 September 1959 as the 1st Rifle and Weapons Platoon, Company D, 1st Battle Group, 145th Infantry

Reorganized and redesignated 1 April 1963 as the Battalion Reconnaissance, Mortar,
Davey Crocket and Anti-Tank Platoons and the Battalion Medical Section, Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 2d Battalion, 145th Infantry; concurrently relieved from assignment to the 37th Infantry Division
 
Reorganized and redesignated 1 April 1964 as the Battalion Reconnaissance, Heavy Mortar, Anti-Tank and Medical Platoons, Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 2d Battalion, 145th Infantry

Converted, reorganized, and redesignated 1 May 1968 as the 686th Medical Company

Converted, reorganized, and redesignated 1 June 1974 as the 5694th Engineer Detachment

Location changed 18 January 1982 to Wooster; on 1 October 1985 to Shreve

Ordered into active Federal service 21 November 1990 at Shreve; released  from active Federal service 23 May 1991 and reverted to state control

Location changed 1 June 1996 to Mansfield

Ordered into active Federal service 10 July 1997 at Mansfield; released from active Federal service 5 April 1998 and reverted to state control

Ordered into active Federal service 15 March 2003 at Mansfield; released from active Federal service 15 July 2004 and reverted to state control

HOME STATION: Mansfield

CAMPAIGN PARTICIPATION CREDIT

War with Spain
Santiago

World War I
Ypres-Lys
Meuse-Argonne
Lorraine 1918

World War II
Northern Solomons
Luzon (with arrowhead)

Southwest Asia
Defense of Saudi Arabia
Liberation and Defense of Kuwait
Cease-Fire

War on Terrorism
  Iraq:
Transition of Iraq

 

DECORATIONS

Army Superior Unit Award, Streamer embroidered 1997

Philippine Presidential Unit Citation, Streamer embroidered 17 OCTOBER 1944 TO
4 JULY 1945

 

BY ORDER OF THE SECRETARY OF THE ARMY: 

 

 

ROBERT J. DALESSANDRO
Director, Center of Military History


Return to Branch Index