CMH Home
Lineage And Honors Information

420th Engineer Company

Lineage and Honors Information as of 6 October 2008

420th Engineer Company Lineage

Constituted 23 February 1943 in the Army of the United States as the 420th Engineer Dump Truck Company

Activated 15 April 1943 at Fort Belvoir, Virginia

Inactivated 30 November 1945 at Camp Claiborne, Louisiana

Allotted 5 February 1947 to the Organized Reserves

Activated 24 February 1947 at Lock Haven, Pennsylvania

Location changed 15 April 1947 to Wellsboro, Pennsylvania; on 7 January 1949 to Towanda, Pennsylvania

(Organized Reserves redesignated 25 March 1948 as the Organized Reserve Corps; redesignated 9 July 1952 as the Army Reserve)

Ordered into active military service 3 September 1950 at Towanda, Pennsylvania

Reorganized and redesignated 5 June 1953 as the 420th Engineer Company

Released from active military service 17 December 1954 and reverted to reserve status

Inactivated 20 July 1955 at Towanda, Pennsylvania

Activated 15 March 1972 at Irwin, Pennsylvania

Location changed 15 September 1975 to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Inactivated 1 September 1995 at Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Activated 16 September 2008 at Indiana, Pennsylvania

420th Engineer Company Honors

Campaign Participation Credit

World War II: Normandy, Northern France, Rhineland, Ardennes-Alsace, Central Europe



Return to Branch Index