CMH Home
CMH 		
      Home
Lineage And Honors Information

Lineage and Honors Information as of 10 May 2011

Department of the Army Emblem

Department of the Army - Lineage and Honors

131st ENGINEER COMPANY

 

        Constituted 13 January 1952 in the Vermont Army National Guard as the 4637th Transportation Company

        Organized and Federally recognized 25 January 1952 at Rutland

        Location changed 1 October 1954 to Proctor

        Converted, reorganized, and redesignated 1 March 1959 as the 45th Engineer Company

        Ordered into active Federal service 15 October 1961 at Proctor; released from active Federal service 5 August 1962 and reverted to state control

        Location changed 1 February 1968 to Rutland

Consolidated 1 September 1994 with the 131st Engineer Company (see ANNEX 1) and consolidated unit designated as the 131st Engineer Company; location concurrently changed to Colchester

Ordered into active Federal service 19 July 2006 at Colchester; released from active Federal service 14 January 2008 and reverted to state control

 

ANNEX 1

Constituted 1 September 1955 in the Vermont Army National Guard as the 131st Engineer Company

Organized and Federally recognized 30 November 1955 at Fort Ethan Allen, Vermont

Location changed 30 June 1961 to South Burlington

Ordered into active Federal service 1 October 1961 at South Burlington; released from active Federal service 5 August 1962 and reverted to state control

Location changed 7 August 1962 to Winooski

Consolidated 1 February 1968 with Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 58th Engineer Battalion (see ANNEX 2), and consolidated unit designated as the 131st Engineer Company;  location concurrently changed to Burlington

Ordered into active Federal service 13 May 1968 at Burlington; released from active Federal service 13 September 1969 and reverted to state control

Location changed 1 September 1990 to Colchester

Ordered into active Federal service 29 November 1990 at Colchester; released from active Federal service 20 May 1991 and reverted to state control

ANNEX 2

Organized and Federally recognized 1 January 1956 in the Vermont Army National Guard at Middlebury as Battery A, 124th Antiaircraft Artillery Battalion

        Converted, reorganized,  and redesignated 1 March 1959 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 58th Engineer Battalion

        Ordered into active Federal service 15 October 1961 at Middlebury; released from active Federal service 12 August 1962 and reverted to state control

HOME STATION: Colchester (less detachment at Westminster)

 

CAMPAIGN PARTICIPATION CREDIT

               Vietnam
               Counteroffensive, Phase V
               Counteroffensive, Phase VI
               Tet 69/Counteroffensive
               Summer-Fall 1969

               Southwest Asia
               Defense of Saudi Arabia
               Liberation and Defense of Kuwait
               Cease-Fire

               War on Terrorism
               Campaigns to be determined

 

DECORATIONS

None

 

BY ORDER OF THE SECRETARY OF THE ARMY: 

 

 

ROBERT J. DALESSANDRO
Director, Center of Military History


Return to Branch Index