CMH Home
CMH 		
      Home
Lineage And Honors Information

Lineage and Honors Information as of 7 April 2014

HEADQUARTERS AND HEADQUARTERS COMPANY
35th ENGINEER BRIGADE

  • Organized and Federally recognized 17 July 1928 in the Missouri National Guard at St. Louis as Headquarters Company, 1st Battalion, 138th Infantry, an element of the 35th Division
  • Reorganized and redesignated 1 May 1940 as Headquarters Detachment, 1st Battalion, 138th Infantry
  • Inducted into Federal service 23 December 1940 at St. Louis
  • (138th Infantry relieved 1 March 1942 from assignment to the 35th Division)
  • Reorganized and redesignated 1 April 1942 as Headquarters Company, 1st Battalion, 138th Infantry
  • Inactivated 20 July 1944 at Camp Shelby, Mississippi
  • (138th Infantry assigned 20 June 1946 to the 35th Infantry Division)
  • Reorganized and Federally recognized 22 October 1946 at St. Louis
  • Converted and redesignated 15 April 1959 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 101st Replacement Group, and relieved from assignment to the 35th Infantry Division
  • Consolidated 1 April 1963 with the Finance Section, 35th Administration Company (see ANNEX 1), and consolidated unit converted and redesignated as the Combat Command Section, Headquarters Company, 35th Command Headquarters, Divisional
  • Consolidated 15 January 1968 with the 1135th Ordnance Company (see ANNEX 2) and consolidated unit converted and redesignated as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 35th Engineer Brigade
  • Location changed 1 October 1993 to Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri
  • Ordered into active Federal service 7 June 2007 at Fort Leonard Wood; released from active Federal service 10 August 2008 and reverted to state control
  • ANNEX 1
  • Constituted 16 July 1948 in the Missouri Army National Guard as Detachment B, Headquarters, 35th Infantry Division (part)
  • Organized and Federally recognized 28 July 1948 at St. Louis
  • Reorganized and redesignated 15 April 1959 as the Finance Section, 35th Administration Company, an element of the 35th Infantry Division
  • ANNEX 2
  • Organized and Federally recognized 18 June 1947 in the Missouri Army National Guard at St. Louis as Company L, 138th Infantry, an element of the 35th Infantry Division
  • Consolidated 15 April 1959 with Battery B, 202d Antiaircraft Artillery Battalion (organized and Federally recognized 3 November 1953 at St. Louis); consolidated unit concurrently converted and redesignated as Company B, 204th Signal Battalion, and relieved from assignment to the 35th Infantry Division
  • Consolidated 1 April 1963 with Company E, 204th Signal Battalion (see ANNEX 3), and consolidated unit converted and redesignated as the 1135th Ordnance Company
  • ANNEX 3
  • Constituted 4 January 1954 in the Missouri Army National Guard as Battery D, 202d Antiaircraft Artillery Battalion
  • Organized and Federally recognized 21 January 1954 at St. Louis
  • Converted and redesignated 15 April 1959 as Company E, 204th Signal Battalion

HOME STATION: Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri

CAMPAIGN PARTICIPATION CREDIT

  • World War II
  • Aleutian Islands
  • War on Terrorism
  • Campaigns to be determined

DECORATIONS

  • Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army), Streamer embroidered IRAQ 2007-2008

BY ORDER OF THE SECRETARY OF THE ARMY:

ROBERT J. DALESSANDRO
Director, Center of Military History


Return to Branch Index