CMH Home
CMH 		
      Home
Lineage And Honors Information

Headquarters
189th Infantry Brigade

Lineage and Honors Information as of 12 April 2007

Headquarters, 189th Infantry Brigade Lineage

Constituted 24 June 1921 in the Organized Reserves as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 189th Infantry Brigade, and assigned to the 95th Division

Organized in 1922 at Muskogee, Oklahoma

Redesignated 23 March 1925 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 189th Brigade

Redesignated 24 August 1936 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 189th Infantry Brigade

Location changed in 1940 to McAlester, Oklahoma

Converted and redesignated 13 February 1942 as the 95th Reconnaissance Troop (less 3d Platoon), 95th Division (Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 190th Infantry Brigade, concurrently converted and redesignated as the 3d Platoon, 95th Reconnaissance Troop, 95th Division)

Troop ordered into active military service 15 July 1942 and reorganized at Camp Swift, Texas, as the 95th Cavalry Reconnaissance Troop, an element of the 95th Division (later redesignated as the 95th Infantry Division)

Reorganized and redesignated 1 August 1943 as the 95th Reconnaissance Troop, Mechanized

Inactivated 8 October 1945 at Camp Shelby, Mississippi

Redesignated 26 December 1947 as the 95th Mechanized Cavalry Reconnaissance Troop

Activated 9 January 1948 at Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

(Organized Reserves redesignated 25 March 1948 as the Organized Reserve Corps; redesignated 9 July 1952 as the Army Reserve)

Location changed 17 December 1948 to Stillwater, Oklahoma

Reorganized and redesignated 30 June 1949 as the 95th Reconnaissance Company

Inactivated 15 September 1951 at Stillwater, Oklahoma

Activated 1 March 1952 at Jonesboro, Arkansas

Location changed 1 June 1955 to Wewoka, Oklahoma

Disbanded 1 April 1959 at Wewoka, Oklahoma

95th Reconnaissance Company (less 3d Platoon) reconstituted 21 January 1963 in the Regular Army as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 189th Infantry Brigade (3d Platoon, 95th Reconnaissance Company concurrently reconstituted in the Regular Army as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 3d Brigade, 24th Infantry Division -- hereafter separate lineage)

Headquarters activated 24 October 1997 at Fort Bragg, North Carolina

Inactivated 16 October 1999 at Fort Bragg, North Carolina

Headquarters activated 1 December 2006 at Fort Bragg, North Carolina

Headquarters, 189th Infantry Brigade Honors

Campaign Participation Credit

World War II: Northern France, Rhineland, Ardennes-Alsace, Central Europe

Decorations

None


Return to Branch Index