CMH Home
Lineage And Honors Information

188th Infantry Brigade

Lineage and Honors Information as of 25 April 2007

Headquarters, 188th Infantry Brigade Lineage

Constituted 24 June 1921 in the Organized Reserves as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 188th Infantry Brigade, and assigned to the 94th Division

Organized in December 1921 at Boston, Massachusetts

Redesignated 23 March 1925 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 188th Brigade

Location changed in 1925 to Worcester, Massachusetts

Redesignated 24 August 1936 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 188th Infantry Brigade

Location changed in 1940 to Springfield, Massachusetts

Converted and redesignated 12 February 1942 as the 3d Platoon, 94th Reconnaissance Troop, 94th Division (Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 187th Infantry Brigade, concurrently converted and redesignated as the 94th Reconnaissance Troop [less 3d Platoon], 94th Division)

Troop ordered into active military service 15 September 1942 and reorganized at Camp Custer, Michigan, as the 94th Cavalry Reconnaissance Troop, an element of the 94th Infantry Division

Reorganized and redesignated 14 August 1943 as the 94th Reconnaissance Troop, Mechanized

Inactivated 7 February 1946 at Camp Kilmer, New Jersey

Redesignated 6 February 1947 as the 94th Mechanized Cavalry Reconnaissance Troop

Activated 13 February 1947 at Boston, Massachusetts

(Organized Reserves redesignated 25 March 1948 as the Organized Reserve Corps; redesignated 9 July 1952 as the Army Reserve)

Reorganized and redesignated 21 February 1949 as the 94th Reconnaissance Company

Location changed 20 March 1953 to Cohasset, Massachusetts

Inactivated 1 May 1959 at Cohasset, Massachusetts

3d Platoon, 94th Reconnaissance Company, converted and redesignated 5 November 1962 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 188th Infantry Brigade, and relieved from assignment to the 94th Infantry Division (remainder of company concurrently redesignated as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 187th Infantry Brigade - hereafter separate lineage)

Withdrawn 24 October 1997 from the Army Reserve and allotted to the Regular Army; Headquarters concurrently activated at Fort Stewart, Georgia

Inactivated 16 October 1999 at Fort Stewart, Georgia

Headquarters activated 1 December 2006 at Fort Stewart, Georgia

Headquarters, 188th Infantry Brigade Honors

Campaign Participation Credit

World War II: Northern France, Rhineland, Ardennes-Alsace, Central Europe



Return to Branch Index