CMH Home
CMH 		
      Home
Lineage And Honors Information

Headquarters
177th Armored Brigade

Lineage and Honors Information as of 10 May 2007

Headquarters, 177th Armored Brigade Lineage

Constituted 5 August 1917 in the National Army as Headquarters, 177th Infantry Brigade, and assigned to the 89th Division

Organized 27 August 1917 at Camp Funston, Kansas

Demobilized 1 June 1919 at Camp Funston, Kansas

Reconstituted 24 June 1921 in the Organized Reserves as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 177th Infantry Brigade, and assigned to the 89th Division

Organized 20 March 1922 at La Harpe, Kansas

Redesignated 23 March 1925 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 177th Brigade

Redesignated 24 August 1936 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 177th Infantry Brigade

Converted and redesignated 22 February 1942 as the 89th Reconnaissance Troop, 89th Division (less 3d Platoon) (Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 178th Infantry Brigade, concurrently converted and redesignated as the 3d Platoon, 89th Reconnaissance Troop, 89th Division)

Ordered into active military service 15 July 1942 and reorganized at Camp Carson, Colorado, as the 89th Cavalry Reconnaissance Troop, and element of the 89th Division (later redesignated as the 89th Light Division)

Reorganized and redesignated 15 September 1943 as Troop A, 4th Reconnaissance Squadron, and relieved from assignment to the 89th Light Division

Reorganzied and redesignated 8 December 1943 as Troop A, 34th Reconnaissance Squadron, Mechanized

Reorganized and redesignated 5 January 1944 as Troop A, 34th Cavalry Reconnaissance Squadron, Mechanized

Inactivated 3 March 1945 at Fort Riley, Kansas

Disbanded 23 April 1953

Reconstituted 16 October 1991 in the Regular Army (less 3d Platoon) as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 177th Armored Brigade, and activated at Fort Irwin, California (3d Platoon, Troop A, 34th Cavalry Reconnaissance Squadron, Mechanized - hereafter separate lineage)

Inactivated 15 October 1994 at Fort Irwin, California

Headquarters activated 24 October 1997 at Camp Shelby, Mississippi

Inactivated 16 October 1999 at Camp Shelby, Mississippi

Headquarters activated 1 December 2006 at Camp Shelby, Mississippi

Headquarters, 177th Armored Brigade Honors

Campaign Participation Credit

World War I: St. Mihiel, Meuse-Argonne, Lorraine 1918

Decorations

None


Return to Branch Index