CMH Home
Lineage And Honors Information

4th Brigade, 91st Division (Training Support)

Lineage and Honors Information as of 5 July 2001

4th Brigade, 91st Division (Training Support) Lineage

Constituted 5 August 1917 in the National Army as the 316th Supply Train and assigned to the 91st Division

Organized August-September 1917 at Camp Lewis, Washington

Demobilized 13 May 1919 at the Presidio of San Francisco, California

Reconstituted 21 September 1936 in the Organized Reserves; concurrently consolidated with the 416th Quartermaster Regiment (organized in November 1921 in the Organized Reserves as the 91st Division Train, Quartermaster Corps, with Headquarters at Los Angeles, California; redesignated 23 March 1925 as the 91st Division Quartermaster Train; redesignated 1 July 1936 as the 416th Quartermaster Regiment) and consolidated unit designated as the 416th Quartermaster Regiment, an element of the 91st Division (later redesignated as the 91st Infantry Division)

Reorganized and redesignated 6 April 1942 as the 416th Quartermaster Battalion

Ordered into active military service 15 August 1942 and reorganized at Camp White, Oregon

Ordnance Maintenance Platoon, Headquarters Company, 416th Quartermaster Battalion, reorganized and redesignated 14 September 1942 as the 791st Ordnance Light Maintenance Company, an element of the 91st Infantry Division (remainder of the battalion -- hereafter separate lineage)

Inactivated 16 November 1945 at Camp Rucker, Alabama

Redesignated 6 May 1947 as the 791st Ordnance Maintenance Company

Activated 12 June 1947 at Los Angeles, California

Location changed 22 January 1948 to San Francisco, California

(Organized Reserves redesignated 25 March 1948 as the Organized Reserve Corps; redesignated 9 July 1952 as the Army Reserve)

Reorganized and redesignated 10 November 1952 as Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 791st Ordnance Battalion (organic elements concurrently constituted and activated)

Battalion disbanded 1 May 1959 at San Francisco, California

Headquarters, 791st Ordnance Battalion, reconstituted 24 November 1967 in the Army Reserve as Headquarters, 4th Brigade, 91st Division (Training)

Activated 20 January 1968 at Fort Cronkhite, California

Location changed 16 October 1978 to the Presidio of San Francisco, California; on 15 December 1992 to Tumwater, California

Reorganized and redesignated 1 October 1993 as Headquarters, 4th Brigade, 91st Division (Exercise)

Location changed 31 August 1996 to Fort Lewis, Washington

Reorganized and redesignated 17 October 1999 as Headquarters, 4th Brigade, 91st Division (Training Support) and allotted to the Regular Army at Fort Lewis, Washington

4th Brigade, 91st Division (Training Support) Honors

Campaign Participation Credit

World War I: Ypres-Lys; Meuse-Argonne; Lorraine 1918

World War II: Rome-Arno; North Apennines; Po Valley



Return to Branch Index