CMH Home
CMH 		
      Home
Lineage And Honors Information

401st Chemical Company

Lineage and Honors Information as of 29 June 2000

401st Chemical Company Lineage

Constituted 1 September 1943 in the Army of the United States as the 228th Chemical Depot Company

Activated 15 October 1943 at Camp Sibert, Alabama

Reorganized and redesignated 24 February 1944 as the 228th Chemical Base Depot Company

Inactivated 29 December 1945 at Hampton Roads Port of Embarkation, Virginia

Redesignated 15 June 1949 as the 401st Chemical Depot Company, and allotted to the Organized Reserve Corps.

Activated 22 June 1949 at Atlanta, Georgia

(Organized Reserve Corps redesignated 9 July 1952 as Army Reserve)

Reorganized and redesignated 30 November 1953 as the 501st Chemical Company

Inactivated 25 June 1959 at Atlanta, Georgia

Activated 1 September 1964 at Atlanta, Georgia

Location changed in 1971 to Chamblee, Georgia

Location changed 15 December 1977 to Rome, Georgia

Location changed 1 May 1999 to Boston, Massachusetts

401st Chemical Company Honors

Campaign Participation Credit

World War II-EAME: Northern France

Decorations

None


Return to Branch Index