CMH Home
Lineage And Honors Information

224th Chemical Company

Lineage and Honors Information as of 7 December 2004

224th Chemical Company Lineage

Constituted 12 August 1943 in the Army of the United States as the 224th Chemical Depot Company

Activated 14 August 1943 at Camp Sibert, Alabama

Reorganized and redesignated 24 February 1944 as the 224th Chemical Base Depot Company

Inactivated 4 January 1946 at Camp Kilmer, New Jersey

Redesignated 16 April 1959 as the 224th Chemical Company and concurrently allotted to the Army Reserve

Activated 1 May 1959 at Marion, Indiana

Location changed 31 March 1963 to Paoli, Indiana; on 31 January 1968 to Jeffersonville, Indiana

224th Chemical Company Honors

Campaign Participation Credit

World War II (European-African-Middle Eastern Theater): Silver Band without campaign inscription



Return to Branch Index