1. Purpose. This annex prescribes the role of the U.S.
Army Recruiting Command (USAREC) as part of the U.S. Army's participation
in the Bicentennial Commemoration of the Lewis and Clark Expedition.
2. Scope. This Annex supports the U.S. Army's Commemoration
Campaign Plan and outlines duties, responsibilities and provides authority
for supporting appropriate commemorations of the Lewis and Clark Expedition.
3. Applicability. This annex serves as the resource document
and planning authority for all USAREC subordinate units and organizations.
4. Concepts and Planned Activities.
a. Internet. Recruiting Command will link linking our
web page to appropriate Lewis and Clark sites with possible banners
highlighting the Army's role.
(1) Recruiters will distribute to high school history teachers
appropriate materials, such as a CD/presentation on the Army's role
in the expedition, as developed and provided by the Center for Military
(2) Recruiting Battalions will be encouraged to conduct Centers
of Influence events for history teachers/professors at key points
along the trail to discuss the Army's role. The CMH could support
by providing speakers.
(3) Recruiting Support Brigade will add a presentation on
the Army's role in the expedition for use in USAREC Cinema Vans,
as developed by the CMH.
(4) Recruiting Support Brigade will develop a Lewis and Clark
display for each recruiting station if recruiting battalions request
such support and the CMH provides appropriate support and materials.
c. Public Affairs.
(1) Recruiting Battalion will assist in the distribution
to local newspapers feature articles, prepared by the Office, Chief
of Public Affairs (OCPA), about the Army's role in the expedition.
(2) Recruiting Battalions along the route will assist
OCPA in working with local
radio and television stations to air stories and interviews about
the Army's role in the expedition.
(3) Recruiting Battalions could offer print, radio and TV
Public Service announcements provided by the OCPA or CMH.
d. Event Marketing and Promotions:
(1) The command will provide Adventure/Experience Vans at
events that would attract large numbers of our target market, as
determined appropriate by USAREC.
(2) The Golden Knights may participate at events, as requested
and funded by sponsors of those events. This would require
the CMH or other sponsors to provide funding in accordance with
(3) Recruiting Battalions will provide displays and recruiters
at those events designated by HQ USAREC for support or those they
determine to be beneficial to their mission accomplishment.